More Recent Comments

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ron Paul doesn't believe the theory, but what about the fact?


Here's a video where Ron Paul proclaims that he doesn't believe the Theory of Evolution. Unfortunately there's no followup question to find out whether he believes the facts of evolution. Why can Ron Paul make such a nonsensical statement and still be considered as someone who might be the "Leader of the Free World" (sic)? It's because of decades of brainwashing by creationists who blatantly ignore the science behind evolutionary biology and the distinction between fact and scientific theory.

I'm trying to understand the behavior of the creationists. It seems to me that there are only two possibilities; either they are completely stupid and ignorant or they are lying. There doesn't seem to be any other explanation. In the case of the most prominent creationists, I'm inclined to believe they are lying because I know for a fact they've read up on Evolution Is a Fact and a Theory.

This doesn't apply to Ron Paul, by the way. I don't think he's lying.



[Hat Tip: Pharyngula: Ron Paul gets no respect. I think this is a video from 2008.

3 comments :

E. Thompson said...

I'm confused now because I just read an article about Huntsman that Paul, Gingrich and he were on board with evolution and global warming. I wonder if Paul's view recently changed. I can't get behind ANY anti-science candidates because it shows wholesale lack of reason right out of the box.

Anonymous said...

Again confusion around the word "evolution".
To correct it, all we need to do is define "evolution" as the intelligent action of Nature.
Then all is well.

For example:

Evolution is the intelligent action of Nature and is a fact.

A mutation is a directed change by the intelligence of Nature.

Gary said...

I do not support Ron Paul. However, I think his appeal, especially with the young people, lies in one area, and one area only. He is against our involvement in foreign wars. If his position on that one area changed, his enthusiastic support would evaporate. I wish other candidates would adopt the same position on wars that do not make sense.